The Safety and Security (SafeSec) Division of ISA exists to help our members grow both professionally and personally through a transfer of information and knowledge. Our committee chairs write brief articles at least twice a year for posting online. We program safety and security related sessions at ISA conferences, maintain a website and two list serves (one for safety, one for security). Short webinars will be coming soon. Simply put, we're providing premier content and access to experts that you won't get anywhere else.
SafeSec Member Resources:
- SafeSec Newsletters Archive
- Technical Discussion Forum
- Free Access to 150+ ISA Standards
- Free Access to ISA Transactions Journal
- Discount on Trainings & Certifications
- Discount on Books
SafeSec Division News
- ISA Recognizes 2022 Celebrating Excellence Awardees. August 15, 2022
- 2022 Society Election Results. July 5, 2022
Updates from Standard Committees
(Instrumented Systems to Achieve Functional Safety in the Process Industries)
- ISA84 full committee meeting in person on October 18th, 19th, and / or 20th at SIS-Tech’s office in Houston. Contact us for more details.
- ISA84 Ballot on new working group, WP10 (to provide guidance on management of digital information to assist the operation and maintenance activities and how they relate to
functional safety lifecycle activities). August 30, 2022
- Survey concluded on safety systems best practice. Keep an eye on our upcoming ISA Connect Live Q&A Townhall for survey results presentation. June, 2022
(Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security)
ISA SafeSec Global Members
SafeSec Member Benefits & Opportunities
As a SafeSec member, you will join a division that is focused on safety for personnel, environment, and the public at large. There are numerous benefits and professional opportunities presented by SafeSec:
- Leadership Opportunities - The opportunity to improve your personal leadership skill level and participate on panel discussions as well as serving as a session developers for SafeSec supported conferences and symposia.
- Technical Writing - Reviewing papers or writing articles for the SafeSec newsletter or Web pages.
- Networking - Increase your visibility in the SafeSec industry to benefit both you and your employer and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the industry.
- Valuable Information Resources - In addition to the above, SafeSec membership supplies:
- Two to three comprehensive industry newsletters per year featuring articles and papers from the SafeSec Members and symposium participants.
- Access to the SafeSec website that provides industry technical papers, web seminars, and a list serve of industry peers.