The Pulp & Paper Industry Division (also known as PUPID) is dedicated to advancing the knowledge and skills of professionals in the pulp and paper and forest products industries including those employed in the manufacturing facilities as well as engineering & construction consultants.
PUPID members main concerns are the measurement, control, and optimization of processes in the pulp & paper and forest products industries; the acquisition & handling of raw materials whether virgin fiber or recycled paper products; it supports research & development programs and the sharing of applications insight and standards and practices for the entire paper process, from raw materials through finished product; fabrication & construction; processing & inspection required for finished pulp & paper and forest products production; improving product quality of the finished products and maintaining environmental quality through the optimum utilization of the best technology available.
PUPID member benefits include:
- Over sixty years of joint conferences & symposia with the other global pulp and paper and forest products industry societies.
- Mailed and electronic newsletters that include both technical tips; new product showcases; discussion of upcoming division conferences, symposia, and special activities, as well as news from global pulp & paper technical societies.
- A website that provides online access to technical information including past conference & symposia presentations and papers.
- An e-mail list server to provide a forum in which our members can networking with engineers, technicians and managers who are involved in the industry to discuss technical issues, new product applications and resolve process and process control challenges in the mill.
- Scholarships for student members or children of members who wish to pursue a career in the pulp and paper and forest products industries.
- Reduced registration fees for division symposia as well as reciprocal society events.
Plan Ahead: The ISA Scholarship Application Portal Will Reopen in December
Next year, the ISA Pulp & Paper Industry Division (PUPID) will again utilize the ISA Scholarship Application Portal to collect the applications to benefit you students to be considered for all of the ISA scholarships instead of only the PUPID Scholarship.
University students who have outstanding potential in fields related to automation should apply for an ISA scholarship.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from December through the end of February; all applications must be submitted no later than the last day of February.
For details and eligibility requirements, visit http://www.isa.org/scholarships
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
If you are a undergraduate or graduate student for all of the year;
click here to go the ISA Scholarship Portal to Apply Today!
IMPORTANT If you are a Senior graduating in May/June (Not enrolled the entire year) you are still eligible for the PUPID Scholarship; but you will have to submit the PUPID Graduating Senior Scholarship Application directly to Patrick Dixon (his contacts are at the end of the application).
How to Join our Division?
Join us if you want to learn, contribute, network, and help build the Division to create a better world through automation.
You can join our Division at no additional charge. Please click here to add our Division to your membership.
If you want to join any of the PUPID technical committees please send an e-mail to us
Connect to the PUPID Listserve
Read the PUPID MOP
Our calendar for events includes the following events:
ISA Virtual Events Program
ISA PUPID is co-locating with IEEE for the 2021 PULP & PAPER INDUSTRY APPLICATION SOCIETY (IAS) VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
66th Annual Pulp and Paper Industries Virtual Conference
June 21-24, 2021
The Division publishes Quarterly Newsletters with technical content and news. Read the May 2021 Logger newsletter
Read all the newsletters here.
Recent Blog Posts:
Take a look at our recent ISA blog posts made by our members.
ISA President's Column: Make Way for 2021!
Cyber-Physical Systems: The Core of Industry 4.0
The Genius of ANSI/ISA S84.01-1996
IT and OT in Manufacturing Execution Systems
What No One Tells You About Industrial Automation Marketing (Part 4): Social Media Marketing
ISA Interchange's Top 20 Blog Posts of 2020
7 Drivers of Digital Transformation
ISA Celebrates 75 Years: A Practical History
Reflecting on an Automation Career
Augmented Reality in Smart Manufacturing
Technical Committee Highlights:
Check back for great content coming soon!
Division Annual Report
Division Business Plan